Skip to Content
University of California
Cooperative Extension, Sutter-Yuba Counties
Additional Fire Resources
- Fire Wise Construction Materials and Building Code - New building codes for residents living in the Wildland-Urban Interface were adopted July 1, 2008 to establish minimum standards for construction materials and provide a reasonable level of exterior wildfire exposure protection. Building codes apply to all new construction in areas of mapped hazard. Homeowners can gain a lot of useful information on fire resistance of building products from the new products handbook available at the Office of the State Fire Marshall. However, there are recommendations from the that exceed the California regulations, see Builders Wildfire Mitigation Guide below.
- Builders Wildfire Mitigation Guide for Home Construction - Guide to home design and materials based on regulations and recommendations based on the best available science.
- National Fire Protection Association - A global nonprofit organization, established in 1896, devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards.
- FireWise Communities - FireWise Communities program encourages local solutions for wildfire safety by involving homeowners, community leaders, planners, developers, firefighters, and others in the effort to protect people and property from the risk of wildfire.
- California Fire Safe Council –A non-profit organization mobilizing Californians to protect their homes, communities and environment from wildfires. In addition to the state-level organization, there are county groups where residents work together to protect their communities.
- Local Fire Safe Councils with residents and land owners
- Fire-Adapted Community Expert Panel on February 20, 2018 in Nevada City, CA
Webmaster Email: email@example.com