Janine Hasey is the Tree Crops Farm Advisor Emeritus in Sutter, Yuba, and Colusa counties retiring after 38 years on July 1, 2019. Her focus is on walnuts, cling peaches, and kiwifruit. She served as the Extension County Director in Sutter and Yuba counties from 2014 until her retirement. In 1984, she started the UC Master Gardener program for Sutter and Yuba counties. She continues to administer the program as the Master Gardener Advisor but does so voluntarily. In retirement, Janine has continued walnut research projects including no pruning/no heading training systems, managing several statewide rootstock trials, and serving on the Production Research Advisory Committee for the California Walnut Board.
Website Resource for Sac Valley Tree Crop Production
The Sacramento Valley Orchard Source is intended to bring together the wealth of information we provide in one location, including:
- Timely newsletter articles through our Blog
- Weekly Soil Moisture Loss (ET) Reports for the Northern and Southern Sacramento Valley
- Pest Catch Reports based on weekly scouting in the Northern Sacramento Valley
- Crop-specific production and management information for almonds, prunes and walnuts
- Calendar of area Cooperative Extension meetings & events
We've build this site for you, the growers, PCAs, managers and allied industries. Please let us know what you think so we can continue to improve it.
Visit us at http://www.sacvalleyorchards.com/ to check it out!