Please join us for a University of California Pest Management Workshop, delivered Virtually in early December.
This 2-day (2 three hour sessions) virtual seminar/workshop, is meant to provide opportunities to learn new aspects of alfalfa pest management, and an opportunity to bring forward your pest issues for discussion by UC researchers and Cooperative Extension Advisors.
Blue Alfalfa Aphid (UC IPM)
PCA and CCA Credits will be offered.
Only $25 registration fee for the two days (increases to $30 on 24 November).
Day 1. December 3 (9 am - Noon PST) Weed and Pest Management Strategies
- Price & Acreage Trends -- Josh Callan, The Hoyt Report, Twin Falls, ID
- California Regulatory Update--Dennis Albiani, Ag. Management, Sacramento, CA
- Key Agronomic Strategies for Pest Management--Dan Putnam, UC Davis
- Poisonous Weeds of Concern in Alfalfa--Larry Forero, UCCE, Redding, CA
- Weed Control Strategies for Establishment and Production -- Earl Creech, Utah State University, Logan, UT
- Recent Weed Control Trials in Alfalfa--Tom Getts & Giuliano Galdi, UCCE, Susanville and Yreka, CA
- Weed Mangement Strategies for Pastures--Josh Davy, UCCE, Redding, CA
Day 2. December 4 (9 am-Noon PST) Insect, Disease Management Strategies
- Process of Pesticide Regulation in California--Aron Lindgren, DPR, Sacramento, CA
- On-Line Tools for Pest Management Information--Jose Luiz Carvalho de Souza Dias, UCCE, Merced, CA
- Management of Insecticide Resistance in Alfalfa--KEvin Wanner, Montana State Univ.
- Biological Insect Control in Alfalfa: A Case Study--Ian Grettenberger, UC Davis
- Update on Low Desert Forage Insects--Michael Rethwisch, UCCE, Blythe, CA
- Summer Worm Management--Rachael Long, UCCE, Woodland, CA
- Potential Use of Drones for Insect Management--Ken Giles, UC Davis
- Key Diseases and Management in Alfalfa--Deborah Samac, USDA-ARS, St. Paul, MN