Events & Announcements
State Leadership Conference
The annual 4-H State Leadership Conference brings together youth from across California for a four-day leadership training, networking, and learning experience.
Who can attend
- Youth ages 13-19
- Adults are invited to apply to chaperone this event
- If you are not currently enrolled in 4-H, you can still attend! Contact Jenna Colburn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 750-1336
What you will learn and do
- Advanced leadership training
- Network and share ideas with other 4-H'ers from across the state
- Experiential education on leadership development, civic engagement, college admissions and other 4-H project areas
- Experience a slice of college life: live in residence halls, eat in the dining commons, and participate in educational sessions, many of which are taught by University of California faculty and staff.
For more information
Visit the State 4-H website: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/SLC/#
Important SLC Dates:
Week of February 7th: SLC registration open
Week of April 3rd: SLC Early Bird Registration ends
Week of May 23rd: SLC Regular registration ends
July 20-23: State Leadership Conference
SAVE THE DATES!! 2017 Washington Focus Trips
Leadership Washing Focus (LWF) July 16-July 20, 2017
For Youth entering grades 7 through 9 (by Fall of 2017)
Register for LWF Here: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=19103
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) July 24-July 1, 2017
For youth ages 15 to 19. Delegates must be at least 15 years of age by time of travel to participate.
Register for CWF Here: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=19103
Citizenship Washington Focus Extended Trip (CWF-EX) June 24-July 5, 2017
Includes conference plus extra days visiting historical sites in Gettysburg, PA, Philadelphia, PA & Baltimore, MD. Registration is scheduled to open October 15, 2016. For more details click here.
Join us! June 16-20 in Sacramento CA. Find more information here.
Want to be a District leader at CA Focus?
Applications are opening the week of October 25th, see details here.