Bi-County Horse Show
Hosted by Browns Valley 4-H Horse Group
Sunday, May 14th | Check In 8:00 am / Show Starts 9:00 am
Yuba County Mounted Sheriff's Posse Arena
5396 Marysville Road, Browns Valley, CA 95918
- Deadline: Entries must be received by May 1st, at the Sutter-Yuba 4-H office. NO POST ENTRIES!!
- Entry fee: $5.00 per class (make checks payable to Sutter-Yuba 4-H Council)
- Eligibility: Open to all Sutter and Yuba County 4-H Horse Members
- CLASSES WITH LESS THAN 3 ENTRIES MAY BE COMBINE OR CANCELLED
- Participation awards to all exhibitors
- Ribbons will be awarded 1st-5th place
- 1st-3rd place qualifies for the 4-H Horse Classic
- 1st and 2nd places qualify for the California State Fair
- High Point awards for Western (includes Showmanship) Novice, Junior and Senior, Mini Horse (includes single stake) and Gymkhana Junior and Senior
- All riders must wear ASTM/SEI approved helmet at all times when mounted.
- The horse shown must be the member's project at lest 120 days prior to the show but need not be owned by or registered to the exhibitor (i.e., leasing of horses is acceptable.)
- We will follow rules of California State Fair, California 4-H Horse Classic, www.usef.org, www.amha.org and www.calgymkhanan.com
- ATTIRE: 4-H uniform is appropriate for all events. The 4-H uniform is recommended for showmanship. The uniform consists of: Official green 4-H hat, plain white shirt with a collar, and traditional 4-H tie or scarf. Western Attire: Long-sleeved western shirt, pants or jeans, belt, and boots (min. 1/2"heel), is appropriate for western and speed events, ***Silver and/or professional show clothes will not count over good, working equipment. Chaps not allowed.
- Classes with less than 3 entries may be combined or cancelled.
- There is to be no coaching (coaching includes verbal and non-verbal commands, instructions, gestures, etc.) from the rail during classes, adults may help exhibitors during warms ups.
- Inhumane treatment of any animal will be cause or eviction from the grounds.
- All horses must be under control at all times anywhere on the grounds or in the area. Horses presenting a danger to themselves or others may be excused from the arena and/or show.
- Any inhumane treatment, unsportsmanlike conduct, unsafe practices will not be tolerated and exhibitors, parents, and/or 4-H leaders will be asked to leave the premises if such behavior is observed.
- Show management and/or judge's discretion shall prevail.
|Senior||14 years of age or older as of December 31, 2016|
|Junior||9-13 years of age or under as of December 31, 2016|
|Based on the rider and limited to first and second year members with no age restriction but limited in performance (no catering/loping in ANY event) once a member moves into walk, trot, canter class (this includes English, Western, and Gymkhana divisions) they may not move back into the beginning rider divisions|
|Miniature horses must be 38" or less in height. For further information please refer to the AMHA website at www.amha.org. ALL MINIATURE HORSES WILL BE MEASURED PRIOR TO THE START OF SHOW.|
|1) Showmanship Senior||****Trail classes to be held in separate arena from 9 AM to noon****|
|2) Showmanship Junior||14) Trail Senior|
|3) Showmanship Novice||15) Trail Junior|
|4) Showmanship Mini||16) Trail Novice|
|(30 min warm-up, open arena)||17) Trail Mini|
|5) Western Pleasure Senior||(30 min warm-up, open arena)|
|6) Western Pleasure Junior||18) Single Stake Senior|
|7) Western Pleasure Novice||19) Single Stake Junior|
|8) Western Equitation Senior||20) Single Stake Mini|
|9) Western Equitation Junior||21) California Pole Bending Senior|
|10) Western Equitation Novice||22) California Pole Bending Junior|
|11) Western Horsemanship Senior||23) Cloverleaf Barrels Senior|
|12) Western Horsemanship Junior||24) Cloverleaf Barrels Junior|
|13) Western Horsemanship Novice||25) Bi-rangle Stake Senior|
|26) Bi-rangle Stake Junior|
All patterns will be posted the day of the show!
Any questions please contact Teri Serger at (530) 632-9229 or Carla Tingle at (530) 863-0255.
Tracy Bishop, 4-H Program Representative | email@example.com | 530-300-2093
Rene McCrory, 4-H Secretary | firstname.lastname@example.org | 530-822-7515