Saturday, June 25th | Yuba Sutter Fairgrounds
When: Saturday, June 25th
Where: Yuba Sutter Fairgrounds
Time: 7:00 am grounds open ~ 7:30 check-in begins
Registration Fee: Livestock & Still Exhibit $10 per member ea
Registration deadline: June 17th
We have planned a great day of fair practice, shirts, prizes, awards, silent auction, food and fun! Refine your skills with showmanship classes for all animal species.
Be sure to review the complete exhibitors guidebook: 2016 Spring Fair - Exhibitors Book
Food: Plumas 4-H Club will provide coffee, gourmet hot dogs and donuts. Rosie's Sno•Biz will also be onsite selling snow cones.
1. Livestock - Showmanship
- Members may compete in ONLY ONE showmanship event.
- Showmanship divisions include: Rabbit, Poultry (including turkeys), Dog, Pygmy goat, beef, dairy goat, meat goat, dairy cattle, swine, sheep, Nigerian Dwarf Goat and Horse.
- A still exhibits sweepstakes and reserve sweepstakes award will be awarded to the 4-Her with the greatest number of point from exhibits. Point values will be assigned based on ribbon awarded (ex. blue ribbon=3 pts, red ribbon=2 pts etc.)
- Senior members may sign up to be a clerk.
- Senior & junior members may sign up to serve as a youth judge for large and small animals and receive their presentation credit.
- One senior member and one junior member per species.
- A senior member must have two years of showing experience.
- A junior member must have snowed in that species before.
- Each division has a 2 youth judge limit.
- Limited space, first come first served.