All 4-H adult volunteers must apply and be appointed annually. Please follow the stopes below to apply to be a 4-H adult volunteer.
The 4-H Office can help you find clubs near you and start you on the process of becoming a volunteer. Sutter-Yuba 4-H Office contact: 530-822-7515 or email Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rene at email@example.com.
All new 4-H volunteers must go through a screening process. Our #1 priority in 4-H is the safety of young people. We do all we can to protect young people and keep them safe while they are in our care. An important part of providing a safe environment is to conduct background check on our volunteers and staff. Everyone that will be spending an extended time with our 4-H youth is screened. When you become a 4-H volunteer, you are part of the plan to keep our young people safe.
- Complete the online 4-H Volunteer Interest Survey
- Create an adult volunteer profile on 4hOnline. Please make sure the email address in the system is correct and one you check regularly. This how you will receive communications.
- Complete a Live Scan background check with the California Department of Justice.
New Volunteer Training
All new 4-H volunteers are required to take the New Volunteer training online courses in the eXtension system before they become approved as volunteers. This interactive training series introduces you to the best practices in positive youth development that are used in 4-H.
After you complete and submit your 4hOnline profile, check the family email you used in 4hOnline for eXtension login instructions.
The county Director reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments after
- You are signed up in 4hOnline.
- You have passed the screening process.
- You complete all the New Volunteer Training required in your county.