Registration is now open, and the agenda is finalized
2023 Kearney Field Crops, Alfalfa and Forage Field Day
THERE IS NO COST TO ATTEND THIS MEETING, AND ALL ARE WELCOME
- WHEN: Friday, September 29th, 2023, from 8:00 AM - 12:15 PM. Sign-in starts at 7:00 AM
- WHERE: Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center; 9240 South Riverbend Avenue; Parlier, CA 93648
Who should attend? All who are interested in up-to-date research based information regarding issues faced in the production of field crops including alfalfa and other forages in the San Joaquin Valley of CA.
Pre-registration: Although there is no cost to attend this meeting, pre-registration is encouraged, as it is the only way for us to guarantee lunch will be available for everybody as well as ensure any needs for accommodations can be addressed. Pre-register by clicking here or following this link: https://surveys.ucanr.edu/survey.cfm?surveynumber=41316.
Continuing Education Units: CEUs have been applied for to meet education requirements for the following licensing agencies - CA DPR, CDFA-INMP, and CCA.
Agenda: You can download the agenda by clicking here or by following this link: https://ucanr.edu/sites/kingscounty/files/387701.pdf.
7:00 am Sign-in (refreshments provided)
8:00 am Depart for Field Tour
- Sorghum Variety Trials (Grain & Forage) – Jackie Atim, UC ANR
- Sorghum variety trial under deficit irrigation – Jackie Atim
- Dry beans variety selection – Bao Lam Huynh, UC Riverside
- Almond-Alfalfa Intercropping System – Sultan Begna and Lauren Hale, USDA ARS
10:00 am Return from Field Tour
10:10 am New Extension Advisors Introduction – Nick Clark, UC ANR
10:20 am Alfalfa Weed Management – Giuliano Galdi & Jorge Angeles UC ANR
10:40 am Cotton IPM – Ian Grettenberger & Buddhi Achhami, UC Davis
11:00 am Brief: Small Grain and Alfalfa Weed Management – Nick Clark
11:05 am Break
11:15 am Compost Application to Alfalfa – Michelle Leinfelder-Miles, UC ANR
11:35 am Byproducts Trends & Opportunities for the CA Dairy Industry – Jennifer Heguy, UC ANR
11:55 am Lima & Garbanzo Breeding and Dry Bean Heat Stress Testing– Christine Diepenbrock, UC Davis
12:15 pm Lunch
For more information, contact Giuliano Galdi, (209) 385-7403, email@example.com