142A Garden Hwy
Yuba City, CA 95991
Capitol Corridor MCP Cooperative Extension
- OutstandingPaper in Weed Sci
Presented by Weed Science Society of America, 2021
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Ag Commodities and Products - General
- Grains - General
- Plant Genome, Genetics, and Genetic Mechanisms
- Weeds Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Harnessing Ecosystem Services
- Small Farms
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Endemic and Invasive Pests and Diseases
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Sustainable Food Systems
Brim-DeForest, W, Al-Khatib, K, & Fischer, A. (2021). Emergence and early growth of multiple herbicide–resistant and -susceptible late watergrass (Echinochloa phyllopogon). Weed Technology, 1-9. doi:10.1017/wet.2021.86
Kanter, J., Clark, N, Lundy, ME, Koundinya, V., Leinfelder-Miles, M., Long, R., Light, S. E., Brim-DeForest, W. B., Linquist, B., Putnam, D, Hutmacher, R. B., & Pittelkow, C. M. (2021). Top management challenges and concerns for agronomic crop production in California: Identifying critical issues for extension through needs assessment. Agronomy Journal. 113: 5254– 5270. https://doi.org/10.1002/agj2.20897
Karn, E; De Leon, T; Espino, L; Al-Khatib, K; Brim-DeForest, W. (2020). Phenotypic Diversity of Weedy Rice (Oryza sativa f. spontanea) Biotypes Found in California and Implications for Management. Weed Science 68 (5), 485-495
Karn, E., De Leon, T., Espino, L., Al-Khatib, K., & Brim-DeForest, W. (2020). Effects of competition from California weedy rice (Oryza sativa f. spontanea) biotypes on a cultivated rice variety. Weed Technology, 1-9. doi:10.1017/wet.2020.35
De Leon, Teresa; Karn, Elizabeth, et al. (2019). Genetic variation and possible origins of weedy rice found in California. Ecology and Evolution. 9:10, 5835-5848.
- Brim-DeForest, WB; Al-Khatib, K (2017). Predicting Yield Losses in Rice Mixed-Weed Species Infestations in California. Weed Science. 65:1, 61-72.
Brim-DeForest, WB; Al-Khatib, K, et al. (2017). Weed Community Dynamics and System Productivity in Alternative Irrigation Systems in California Rice. Weed Science. 65:1, 177-188.
Bishop, Kristin & Brim-DeForest, Whitney. (2008). Kinematics of turning maneuvers in the Southern flying squirrel, Glaucomys volans. Journal of experimental zoology. Part A, Ecological genetics and physiology. 309. 225-42. 10.1002/jez.447.