Sutter-Yuba 4-H Updates During COVID-19
UCCE Sutter-Yuba 4-H Office Status (updated 5/4/2020)
The UCCE Sutter-Yuba 4-H Office is now operating during regular business hours of 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. 4-H Secretary, Rene McCrory, is available to answer your 4-H related emails and phone calls. While there are county staff inside the office, it is not open to the public. If you need something from the office, please contact Rene to make arrangements. All UC staff (such as 4-H Advisor Nicole Marshall-Wheeler) are still working remotely but are available to help you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
In-Person Meeting Update (updated 02/2021)
4-H in-person meetings in Sutter and Yuba Counties are allowed under the following criteria:
- Leaders holding the meeting must have attended a safety training hosted by the UCCE Sutter-Yuba 4-H Office and have gotten meeting approval from the UCCE Suter-Yuba 4-H Office by submitting a meeting proposal. (Most of you have attended this meeting.)
- Meetings must take place outdoors. IN-DOOR MEETINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED 10 or less people in attendance (at least 2 of the 10 must be a 4-H adult volunteers)
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between people at all times
Wear a face covering (cloth or paper masks, cloth bandanas, etc.)
- Maintain sanitary practices—frequently clean and disinfect surfaces, wash hand often, and use hand
- Submit a sign-in sheet of attendees
Meeting Plan Proposal:
State 4-H Office and County 4-H staff continue to monitor information regarding COVID-19 from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our priority is ensuring the safety of the young people in the 4-H program, their families, and our community. Please check here regularly for updates on 4-H events.
County Event Information
March Council Meeting: The Sutter-Yuba 4-H May Council Meeting will be held via Zoom on March 4 at 6:30pm. Please check your email for a meeting link.
Yuba-Sutter Fair: As of 02/24/2021, the Yuba-Sutter Fair is still being planned and is expected to be held. In the event that the Fair must be cancelled, the Fairgrounds are already planning to offer a "Virtual On-Screen Judging" show for livestock and auction. For details, please see the notice from Yuba-Sutter Fair's CEO Dave Dillabo, Re: 2020 Yuba-Sutter Fair Planning .
Fashion Revue: The Fashion Revue Committee is getting ready to meet for the year to decide on the event. If you would like to help with this event please contact the 4-H Office. Please note the 2021 State Fashion Revue is virtual and individuals must qualify at a county event.
Spring Fair: The 2021 Spring Fair pending.
Yuba-Sutter Fair 4-H Requirements
In order to exhibit at the 2021 Yuba-Sutter Fair, all 4-H members must meet the following requirements:
- Individuals must be enrolled in 4-H (online) and in the APPROPRIATE PROJECT prior to November
- Regular members (primary members are exempt) must give one verbal presentation at either club or county level. (THE EITHER OP TION IS 2021 PROGRAM YEAR ONLY)
- Members must attend 80% or more of the community club meetings.
- Members must attend 80% or more of the club project meetings for the project to be exhibited at fair.
- Bi-County Event requirement (SUSPENDED FOR 2021 PROGRAM
- Complete Project Completion requirement as outline in the steps
to success in 4-H.
Got Questions? Need to contact the UCCE 4-H Office?
We are now operating during regular business hours of 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. 4-H Secretary, Rene McCrory, is available to answer your 4-H related emails and phone calls.
Nicole Contact: email@example.com